- Danish AOR duo PARBER/KERSTEIN is working on a re-release of their 1991 album "Stories from the Heart" which will include some bonus tracks. Until then we can enjoy their anthem to the World Championship in Triathlon called "Once in a Lifetime" - sung by former SKAGARACK keyboard player TOMMY RASMUSSEN.
- It is NOT official yet - but there are strong evidence that JOHN NORUM will be the next guitar player in DOKKEN!
- Deep Shag Records will soon re-release the 1984 STRESS album called "Killing me Night & Day". STRESS once fatured JIMMY CRESPO on the guitar.
- On several news groups there has been questions about the Swedish ECLIPSE debut "The Truth & a Little More" - you can get it at www.Ginza.se or get info at Z Records.
- Frontiers Records can now announce the signing of the duo THE CAGE. It features DARIO MOLLO from VOODOO HILL on guitar and TONY MARTIN on vocals. The album will be gusted by bassist TONY FRANKLIN.
- On 26th of June TNA wil release their "Finger on the Trigger" on Kivel Records. The album was produced by ex-CULT drummer LEZ WARNER, And mixed/mastered by ALEX SALZ of TOUR DE FORCE.
- I am sorry to inform you that Danish glam band PUSH has decided to split in the middle of the mixing of a new album. But according to their website vocalist and main man MARTIE PETERS will continue as a solo act!
- Swedish melodic rockers BROKE[N]BLUE fronted by LARS ABRAHAMSSON is ready to release their debut album called "Northern light" on Maple Leaf Records - it can be bought through www.hangloose-records.com
- Frontiers Records will soon release two young promising Scandinavian bands. One is called URBAN TALE from Finland and another HUSH from Norway!
- NORWAY has found a "lost" demo during some cleaning! It is called "Caught in the Middle" and will be available from July 1. on MP3.com. It is the first track that JIM and GLENN did together!!
- VON GROOVE and CONTAGIOUS from Z
Records will do a small tour in England in October.
- On May 30th Swedish hard rockers ECLIPSE will hold a special playback and release party for their forthcoming debut album called "The Truth & a little more". Be at Pub Anchor, Sveavägen 90, Stockholm, Sweden - starting at 9:00 PM.
- ALISTAIR GORDON's RADIO SILENCE has now completed the mix of the new album called "Sirens" - expect a release mid August. On the record there should be a track co-written by the late PAUL YOUNG from MIKE & THE MECHANICS. The album will be produced by STEVE MORRIS from HEARTLAND.
- DON DOKKEN confirms 2 forthcoming albums. One under the DOKKEN moniker release date around September - and one from DON DOKKEN solo release around Christmas.
- RONDINELLI (the band) has fired GLENN HUGHES and replaced him with TONY MARTIN - that is alright with me!!
- Insydeout Records has a brand new act called NOVEMBER 67 and is a hardrock/metal act featuring former LOUDNESS and MALMSTEEN vocalist MICHAEL VESCARA.
- Frontiers Records is now ready to launch the debut from TERRY BROCK called "Back to Eden" with according to the press info "..influences from SURVIVOR, JOURNEY, BAD COMPANY and FOREIGNER" - promissing!
- More good news from italian label Frontiers Records is that STARSHIP's MICKEY THOMAS has signed a 3 album deal, starting this summer under the supervision from KLAY SCHROEDEL from JIMI JAMISON's SURVIVOR.
- At last - TOMMY DENANDER's RADIOACTIVE-project is about to be launched on MTM. Expect an album filled with AOR/Westcoast like GIANT, TOTO and/or FEE WAYBILL. The album is featuring a lot of well known celebreties like MARX, KIMBALL, FREDERIKSEN, WAYBILL, GAITSCH etc.
- Spanish melodic rockers 91 SUITE has signed Marquee/Avalon for a Japanese release. MARK MANGOLD wil produce and TERRY BROCK and AL FRITSCH will do som background vocals!
- ... and remember - This weekend is Z ROCK 2001 weekend - and the event features SEVEN WISHES, ENUFF Z NUFF and VON GROOVE!
- As I reported last week SINOPOLI is recording a new album. The album will hopefully be out in August and will feature guitarist JACK PONTI. DEAN FASSANO from MESSAGE will do a duet, KENNY DUBMAN from PROPHET and STEVE THOMAS from GARBO TALKS will do some guitar work, STEVE WERNER from ACE FREHLEY'S band will play the drums, ERIC T will do the bass and TONY NARDINI will play guitar and key's .
- A little more news from DAVE BALDWIN is that the TRADIA album is completed and released now. It is called TRADIA III (songs from the basement).
And DAVE BALDWIN wrote me that: "I decided to move on from working with DEPARTURE, because I need to concentrate on my new solo CD. The new CD is a mix of AOR and Nu Breed, sort of TIME meets MB20 & Vertical Horizon...." More news as I get them!
- There is an album out now called "Fanfields" and is a TOTO Tribute. More info through main man/gutarist MICHAEL RIESENBECK.
- The other day I got an advance CD from the forthcoming solo album from ANGRY TEARS vocalist JOEY SINOPOLI. It feeatured a track called "Don't bleed on my Parade" - and if the album will be just as good it will be a hammer!
- Swedish axe shredder YNGWIE MALMSTEEN has cancelled the rest of his tour in the US due to the departure of both singer and drummer!
- DAVE BALDWIN is now definitely out of the DEPARTURE concept. And he will now completely concentrate on the upcoming TRADIA album.
- TOMMY DENANDER - the Scandinavian AOR/Westcoast guitar hero has a new and improved website up and running, featuring the latest news and a close-up to all his work!
- Great news from Italian label Frontiers Records is that HOUSE OF LORDS has signed a deal with them in the original line-up - and a new album will be out early 2002. TERRY BROCK has completed work on his debut "Back to Eden" and it will soon be available.
Records announces that SHY's long awaited come back album is delayed until August. BLOWUP is invited to support VAUGHN, and this is interesting because the band is featuring original TYKETTO bassist JIMI KENNEDY. Swedish band SEVEN WISHES will throw a release party for "Utopia" next week in Karlskroga, Sweden!
- Two former members of the danish glam/sleaze band =Y= are active these days - in two different projects though! Guitarist OLIVER STEFFENSEN has laid some fret work on the forthcoming album by MIKE TRAMP - and vocalist YENZ CHEYENNE is on tour in Germany with LENNY WOLF's KINGDOM COME.
Records announces a deal with PAT THRALL, TONY LIDDELL and BILLY RUSH. The album "Laying down the Law" is scheduled during October 2001.
- Italian label Frontiers Records announces SEVENTH KEY - the project by BILLY GREER and features all KANSAS members and being produced by MIKE SLAMER. Besides the new album from EMERALD RAIN will be called "Perplexed in the Extreme".
- RUSSEL ARCARA, SCOTT METAXAS and KEN DUBMAN from PROPHET has signed a deal with Z
Records for a new album in 2002. But already this year their entire back catalogue will be re-released.
- TOMMY DENANDER and the rest of PRISONER has completed their new album, simply called II. Prepare for a release mid April.
- DOUG HOWARD from STUN LEER will soon release a new track called "Human" for free download through his website. The track will be included on a forthcoming anniversary compilation from the MTM label.
- Now it is official - after many rumors on the Net I got an official anouncement from Frontiers Records saying that: "Frontiers Records and Now & Then Productions can finally and proudly confirm
that, after almost two years of hard work, a worldwide deal with GIANT has been struck. The mighty band fronted by brothers DANN and DAVID HUFF, plus bass player MIKE BRIGNARDELLO, is finally back on scene at the beginning of the XXIst century!" - yes, yes YES!!
- Just around the corner - in Sweden - they stil let their Sweden Rock festival grow. New bands on the bill are PRETTY MAIDS and HOUSE OF SHAKIRA.
- ROYAL HUNT has a contest going on through their website. Suggest a drummer and win the new 5 track EP "Intervention" as taster for their new full length album.
- PUSH has a bonus track called "Just a Man" from the Japanese edition of "On the Run". It is available in mp3 format here.
- Danish AOR duo PARBER & KERSTEIN had a song called "Drømmer om dig" (Dreaming of you) in the Danish edition of the European Music Contest 2001. The song did however not end among the first 5 song in the final round - what a shame!
- WINGER is re-united and is going on a tour this summer in the States. Mr. BEACH can't therefore play on the forthcoming DOKKEN record - rumours are that JOHN NORUM will take his place!
- Danish prime melodic hard rockers PRETTY MAIDS is now on tour in Germany supporting their new album "Carpe Diem". On tour is new keyboard player JØRGEN THORUP.
- Keyboard wizzard DEREK SHERINIAN will soon release a new album called "Rhapsody in black" featuring drummer SIMON PHILLIPS, assist TONY FRANKLIN, and guitarists ZAKK WYLDE an STEVE LUKATHER - interesting choise of musicians!
- ROYAL HUNT has e re-designed website up and running. Soon they will also release the follow up to "Fear" - expect a new album in March/April.
- Frontiers Records can now officially confirm that the
"Alligator" album from Night Ranger guitarist BRAD GILLIS has been
signed to the label wil be released on february 19th, 2001! This version of the album differs from the Japanese version on Pony Canyon for the inclusion of two new tracks written and sung by ex NIGHT RANGER member GARY MOON. Mr. MOON appears as singer on seven tracks of the album, leaving vocal duties to BRAD only on two tracks.
Also appearing is KELLY KEAGY on drums.
- Perris Records has another contest/givaway running on their website. Apperently you can win a guitar from SLASH and CD's from LILIAN AXE and others....
Records has signed legendary rockers TYGERS OF PAN TANG - the line up is still not confirmed but rumours are that JOHN SYKES will appear on a few tracks - but not as a permanent member, though!
- Danish melodic prog-rockers PRIME TIME is now ready to launch their 3rd album "Free the Dream" through Frontiers Records. More info in my Danish Section.
- ...And speaking danish hard rock with a progressive edge ace guitarist TORBEN ENEVOLDSEN has a website up and running - check it out, he will be joining other musicians on a forthcoming tribute to poor sick JASON BECKER.
- Finally SOJOURN will release new material after 12 years of silence. Early 2001 will hopefully see the 3rd CD called "World of Spirits" through Song Haus Music.
Records has signed a new Swedish act HUMANIMAL - or just the name is new. In fact it is a renewed edition of TALISMAN featuring JEFF SCOTT SOTO, MARCEL JACOB, PONTUS NORGREEN and THOMAS BROMANN.
- MARCIE FREE is now ready to sell a brush-up editon of the forgotten CD "Tormented" via his/her website. This edition is expanded with a few bonus tracks.
- Happy new year - please check out my new Danish section!