News July-December 2005
- SwedenRock Festival 8-10 June 2006 has (as always) announced some big names: First headliner will be DEEP PURPLE whop will share the job with bands like JOURNEY, EASY ACTION, STRYPER, THE SWEET and JADED HEART!
- The last two years HUBI MEISEL has worked on his new concept album "Kailash", which will be released through Lion Music on February 27, 2006. This time the concept story is all about the Himalayas, Tibet & the secrets of ancient Buddhist/Hindu culture and mythology. Like earlier he closely cooperated with French keyboardist/composer VIVIEN LALU. The new line-up features musicians from five different countries among others Swedish multiinstrumentalist DANIEL FLORES from XSAVIOR!
- The always busy keyboard wizzard ERIC RAGNO performed at this year's ProgPower festival with former ROYAL HUNT vocalist DC COOPER and has become the first endorsee of the new keyboard/guitar called KEYTAR!
- German based hard rocker S.I.N. is looking for a new singer. Surprisingly enough the rest of the band got an e-mail from the former singer JASON MARKS, that he decided to quit. So if you feel for it send a demo to:
S.I.N. c/o Detlef Andler
- Good news from EUROPE! According to the band's website it now features pictures from a new studio session to demo new songs a release planned 2006.
In the band's (IAN's) own words: "Last weekend we all got together for the first demo session of the next EUROPE album. It was very exciting to start working on the new songs, and we really had a great time in the studio. Many strong ideas came up over the weekend. The next Europe album is expected to be out in 2006. Check out Pictures/Other, for some snaps from the demo session." Great
- The great "old" prog band ASIA simply can't get enough of making music. After adding new drummer JAY SCHELLEN to the line up the are now working on a new album tentatively titled "Architect of Time". Expect a release early 2006. The band will be embarking on a tour with DIO and URIAH HEEP in December, visiting several Scandinavian cities.
- Veterans MAGNUM visits Copenhagen the 24th of November at The Rock. Be there... or buy the DVD "Livin' the Dream"!
- The legendary Swedish hard rock outfit BALTIMOORE are back with their 7th album "Fanatical". The album contains ten punchy rock tunes. As ever, the music is founded on groovy rhythm section and BJÖRN LODIN's rough lead vocals.
- Danish rocker MARTIE PETERS have recorded about 80% of a new album with the working title "The Chosen One". MARTIN SLOTT is the main guitar player on the album just as he was on the debut.
Song titles include: The Chosen One, Fallen, The Wish, For What It's Worth, Swimming In Your Blue Eyes, All I Have, Feel Like Going Home, A Better Way. TOMMY HANSEN in the Jailhouse Studios is to handle the final mix and the album will probably hit the streets early in 2006!
- The band formed by Kick vocalist NICK WORKMAN together with VINCE O'REAGAN and AL BARROW have named themselves EDEN, and have a website online now. Rumours are that the band has recorded 7 tracks and hope to have the album finished by the end of November.
- TOMMY DENANDER is - as always - pretty busy. His two hits in Sweden is doing well (JILL JOHNSON & FRONDA featuring STEPHEN SIMMONDS) . He is also busy finishing production and mixing on the new AOR album as well as the upcoming FREDERIKSEN - DENANDER album for Frontiers. Uh, almost forgot.. he is also involved as one of several guest on JANNE STARK's new LOCOMOTIVE BREATH album.
- MTM as well as Escape Music will be handled by by Atenzia/Bonnier Amigo in the future. Good luck to them...
- ... speaking of Atenzia remember that MARK SPIRO releases his new album; "Mighty Blue Ocean" this monday - on the 3rd of October. That will be a great day!
- Norwegian glamsters WIG WAM will be supporting Swiss melodic rockers GOTTHARD on their forthcoming tour - starting out November 30 in Bremen.
- Swedish melodic metal band LION'S SHARE have announced the addition of PATRIK JOHANSSON (ASTRAL DOORS, WUTHERING HEIGHTS) as their new singer. Now the group is a three-some including mainman LARS CHRISS and bassist SAMPO AXELSSON.
- TOMMY DENANDER is just finishing the last few recordings and mixings for the new RADIOACTIVE album called "Taken" - as always with an incredible line-up...
- COSMO the band featuring FRAN & ANTHONY COSMO of BOSTON-fame will soon be ready to hit the road afte some line-up changes and completion of an album!
- MIKE TRAMP's WHITE LION has announced a new live recording called "Rocking the USA" on October 24th on Frontiers. The line up is JAMIE LAW guitar, CLAUS LANGESKOV (LONGWOOD in English) bass, TROY FARRELL drums and HENNING WANNER on keyboards.
- FLAGSHIP is a new Swedish prog-rock duo - very much inspired by KANSAS. In fact so inspired that KERRY LIVGREN is a guest musician on the debut "Maiden Voyage" which is to be released October 17th on AOR Heaven.
- Danish power metal band ANUBIS GATE is playing an upcoming concert at The Rock in Copenhagen October 15th - free entrance!
- Norwegian melodic rocker BENNECH LYNGBOE - formerly known from ON THE RISE, now in MAIN ATTRACTION has 2 new sound samples and a few older ones on his new website.
- Danish super shredder TORBEN ENEVOLDSEN is now working with Swedish vocalist MATS LEVÉN (SWEDISH EROTICA, MALMSTEEN) and drummer DANIEL FLORES (MIND'S EYE, XSAVIOR). While we wait for that one - just listen to his "Flying Solo" album released earlier this year on Lion Music.
- ... and speaking of Lion Music: The Finnish based label has just put out legendary Swedish hard rock outfit BALTIMOORE's 7th album "Fanatical".
- TNT will release an appetizer called "Sometimes" on July 25th, a brand new single from their forthcoming studio album "All The Way To The Sun". Unfortunately it will only be released in Norway! The song is mixed by Tommy Hansen in the Jailhouse Studios.
- Danish prog/rock masters ROYAL HUNT is ready to take "Paper Blood" out on a tour starting out September 16 in Copenhagen, Denmark. André Andersen has just been on a promo-trip to Russia...
- MTM announces that JAY MILES is getting lots of radio airplay in the commercial radio stations. Due to the big success of the first single MTM are releasing a second non commercial single feat. "Still Believe In Love" & "I'm Still Breathin'". Music Buy Mail customers are getting the single for free!
- Musical mentor from New Zealand TONY KORETZ will soon issue several new acts on his label - such as 8-FORTY-8, SUSAN COLIEN-REID and APOLLO! More news here.
- MIKE TRAMP's WHITE LION was at the Bang Your Head Festival. The band contains long-time bass player CLAUS LANGESKOV, guitarist JAMIE LAW, drummer TROY FARRELL and keyboarder HENNING WANNER. Expect a live record later this year!
- One of my all time favorites - Christian hard rockers STRYPER are in the final phase of releasing their new album "Reborn". Check out soundbytes here.
- Norwegian ace vocalist JORN LANDE has recruited TORE MOREN and JORN VIGGO LOFSTAD (PAGAN'S MIND) for the next solo album... The band also includes STIAN KRISTOFFERSEN (also of PAGAN'S MIND). No bassplayer have been announced as of yet, but the album will be finished within the next few weeks - for a release early next year.
- Swedish AOR legends ALIEN has now officially announced the title of their new album "Dark Eyes" - it will be released by Frontiers some time in the fall 2005!