News July - December 2006
- Swedish 6- stringer TOMMY DENANDER is now officially a member of MECCA, where you also can find the talents of JOE VANA, BOBBY KIMBALL and DAVID HUNGATE. The new album "Carthasis" will be completed first quartet of 2007 and released through Frontiers.
- ... and more good news from Sweden. THE POODLES has signed a deal with AFM Records and the album "Metal will stand tall" will be out world wide 19th of January 2007.
- And while we're at it. Sweden Rock Festival has now confirmed the first 21 bands to play in Sölvesborg 6-7-8-9 of June 2007. Check it out!
- Melodic rockers NORWAY signs with MTM and is planned to release "Rising up from the Ashes" on December 20 in Japan and January 17, 2007 in the rest of the world. First album with new vocalist DAVE BALDWIN.
- Dutch melodic prog band KNIGHT AREA is almost ready to release their second album "Under a new Sign" on March 7th, 2007. It is supposed to be somewhat heavier than their debut. The CD will be mastered by BOB KATZ and released by The Laser's Edge. Artwork by MATTIAS NORÉN. Check out their website for tour dates.
- GYPSY will be featured on Fireworks Magazine issue 26 with the track "Riding with the Wind". This track and "Chill out Man" will be also be featured on MelodicRock.com throughout January.
- Former CHIMAIRA/SOILWORK drummer RICHARD EVENSAND is the new drummer in Swedish melodic metal masters LION'S SHARE. Songtitles set to appear on the CD include "Toxication Rave", "Cult Of Denial", "Bloodstained Soil", "Trafficking", and "Emotional Coma". With a guest appearence by BRUCE KULICK. The upcoming CD will mark the band's debut with new singer PATRIK JOHANSSON (ASTRAL DOORS), who replaced Tony Niva in 2005.
- Vocalist FERGIE FREDRIKSEN is putting his finishing touches to the recording of the long awaited FREDRIKSEN/DENANDER-project. There will be 12 songs included on the album and according to guitar player Tommy Denander “This stuff is killer!”. Frontiers Records hope to receive the finished master within the end of 2006 in order to schedule the release for the first half of 2007.
- American rocker DAVY VAIN has announced some UK dates in November:
18th Wildside Festival, MG Ballroom, Nottingham, UK
(with Tigertailz, Red Star Rebels, Kid Ego, and more)
20th Cathouse, Glasgow, UK
21st Underworld, London, UK
22nd JBS, Dudley, UK
24th Adelphi, Hull, UK
25th The Boardwalk, Sheffield, UK
- Following the successful release of the SLAMER debut album “Nowhere Land”, the official website was launched! Go to
and enjoy everything about British guitarist Mike Slamer!!!
- Check out my friend CLAUS' E-Bay auction out
here. There is alot of rare japan issued cds with obi for you.
- Metal Heaven Records has made a deal with ROAD TO RUIN, the Swedish band consisting of MATTI ALFONZETTI (vocals), LARS CHRISS (guitar); SAMPO AXELSSON (bass and keyboards), and THOMAS BROMAN (drums). The band was founded in 2005 when guitarist CHRISS and AXELSSON wrote material which didn't fit their LION'S SHARE. Check them out!
- HEP HEP! Check out the new track "Shallow" from MARTIE PETERS GROUP at his site on MySpace. This is very promising for the forthcoming album "The Road to Salvation" planned for an early 2007 release. Melodic & grand...;-)
- Tomorrow (Oct. 26) The melodic rock band MADISON PAIGE will perform at The Mint, 6010 W. Pico Blvd. in L.A.. Maybe the recordings will be for a possible live album! The first 25 guests will be treated to a Halloween goodie bag with a free sampler CD!
- Please check out the new band 7TH DB. They play AOR/Melodic rock and you can check the style out on MySpace.
- Swedish melodic rockers BALTIMOORE is ready for a new release called "X" - and remember the gig at Hard Rock Cafe Stockholm on the 29th of October will be filmed and released as a DVD. The DVD will also contain interviews and some bonus material. If you have any questions that you would like BJÖRN LODIN & Co. to answer in the interviews you can mail your questions to email@example.com.
- Frontiers Records (Zink/Bonnier Amigo) is pleased to announce the release of RICHIE KOTZEN’s new studio album entitled “Into The Black” on December the 8th, 2006.
- Swedish top rockers EUROPE will be on a small Scandinavian tour to support the new album "Secret Society" - the 30th of October the will play a gig at VEGA, Copenhagen. They will be supported by STEREOLITH.
- German hard rockers WILD FRONTIER will return in 2007 with a new album. The CD is called "Bite The Bullet" and
includes the first recordings whith the new line-up:
JENS WALKENHORST (Lead Vocals/ Guitar), MARIO ERDMANN (Bass/Vocals),
THOMAS ELLENBERGER (Keyboards/Vocals) and SEBASTIAN GRÖNING (Drums).
- From now on singer PATRICK SIMONSEN, who most of you will know from his fabulous work with norwegian Melodic-Rockers HUSH, will also front German rockers S.I.N.. On their website there will be a rough mix of a song featuring the new front man!
- ... and more news from Germany: FRANCIS SOTO, the former vocalist of SUBWAY and WICKED SENSATION has opened a website. He also has a new CD available, "The Journey 1995 - 2005", a compilation of selected tracks - check it out with sound samples and info here!
- FAIR WARNING are pleased to announce a little warm up gig before their highly anticipated headlining show at the forthcoming United Forces of Rock Festival in Ludwigsburg, Germany on October 1st 2006.
The warm-up show will happen at The Spirit of '66 in Verviers, Belgium on September 28.
- Danish veteran rocker Pretty Maids are ready to launch their new album "Wake up to the real world" on Frontiers (Zink/Bonnier) on November 10th. They will make a special appearence at the United Forces of Rock Festival in Ludwigsburg, Germany on October 1st 2006.
- Very sad news for all fans of melodic rockers BILOXI: Bassist/lead vocalist/founding member CLYDE HOLLY has died in his sleep. More news as I get them... R.I.P!
For those who wish to express their condolences, you may do so through this email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Swedish top rockers EUROPE's new album "Secret Society" is almost ready - you can sample two clips now at the bands website on the songs "Let the Children play" and "Always the Pretenders".
- The new supergroup GPS featuring GUTHRIE GOVAN, JOHN PAYNE and JAY SHELLEN has finally launched their website. Prior to the release of their new album "Window to the Soul" they have released a full track called "Written on the Wind" - and added keyboard wizz RYO OKUMOTO to the line up!!
- Danish power rockers PANGEA has announced their new line up officially. The band now features JESPER HØJER (a.k.a. JESSE HIGHER from JANE DOE) on vocals, TORBEN ENEVOLDSEN on guitars, TONY OLSEN on drums and JAN ENGSTRØM on bass. The band will release an hors d'oevre through their web site soon...!
- PAUL STANLEY's long awaited new solo album "Live to win" will be out October 24th. Most songs are written by STANLEY, DESMOND CHILD and ANDREAS CARLSSON...
- Proud Brits GYPSY has a new promotion team behind them now - DragonEyePromotion. The band is currently updating some old tracks in the studio and laying down some new ones, too.
- On their web site NU rockers CROSSFADE has a new single called "Invincible" as a little appetizer from their forthcoming album "Falling Away" - release date August 29th!!
- British prog rockers THRESHOLD are back at Thin Ice Studios to start recording their new studio album. The album is expected to be complete by the beginning of November and scheduled for release early 2007.
- Italian melodic rockers MYLAND featuring drummer PAOLO MORBINI has updated their web site - check it out!